Senior Project Manager – IT Terminal Operations
Our client is a resounding name worldwide and is part of a major port group.
They are renowned for excellent service and expertise in container facilities. The organization employs more than 3000 staff members in Belgium to smoothly manage their complex operations. All with their own expertise, sharing the same passion.
For their department in the centre of Antwerp, we are looking for a Senior Project Manager.
• Initiating a project idea/constellation from a roadmap view into an elaborated case and proposal having prestudy;
approach, budget, resource needs/plan and key stakeholder support before starting
• Manage Budget/Contract execution, Scope, Timeline, Risks and outcome in consensus with the Terminal PM, jointly reporting to the Project Steerco;
• Coordinate and supervise – with delegation to other key roles in Group IT project team – of activities such as:
o Project and Business analysis;
o Product Development of GTOS extensions;
o System integration analysis and approach;
o GTOS release deployments;
o Terminal Key User and IT training (Train-the-Trainer scope);
o User Acceptance Testing (UAT), System Integration Testing (SIT) and Ops Trials support;
o Go Live and post go live follow-up;
o Satisfying project acceptance criteria and achieve Project closure.
• Manage Project Implementation service quality and Project KPIs;
• Manage and coach the Project team, assembled also from other Departments and Teams having –
o Business analysts;
o Product Development Lead/coordinator;
o Solution Architect;
o Implementation engineers;
o IT Infrastructure engineers.
• As Senior member of the Implementation team, continuously improve on processes and methodology as well as assuming role of Coach for less experienced team members;
• Includes international travel and short on site visits to Terminals, with indicative size and frequency of one to two weeks per visit, three times per year per Terminal project.
• Education: Master degree or Bachelor degree with established experience in ICT , Engineering or Sciences;
• Experience: 10 years’ experience in industrial ICT Project Management of high end systems, running 24/7;
• Knowledge or background in Port operations & Container terminals is extra benefit;
• Knowledge or background in Product Software Development servicing an Installed Base;
• Broad knowledge of systems and platforms;
• Languages: English – Dutch.
Our client offers a challenging position with an established leader in its industry.
You will be surrounded by driven and professional people. You will have the opportunity to continuously invest in your own growth through challenging international projects.
You will receive an attractive salary package complemented with fringe benefits such as a company car, net compensation, insurance, etc.