System Engineer – Sustainability Industry
Our client is a globally known organization within the food products market.
The company operates from 20 countries and employs over 8.500 people worldwide. Sustainable solutions in combination with excellent service is their main priority.
In their Infrastructure team different technologies are managed by a small team of 6 specialised system engineers, e.g. network specialists, telecommunication specialists, Office 365 specialists…
We are currently looking for a System Engineer with a strong allround experience to mainly manage the infrastructure and some of the network components.
• Design the infrastructure based on business needs and align with the Center of Excellence on group level;
• Implement the infrastructure as designed;
• Contribute to improving customer support by actively responding to queries and handling complaints in second or third line;
• Investigate recurring incidents (problems) to remove the root cause of the problem;
• Establish best practices through the entire technical support process;
• Follow up with customers to identify areas of improvement;
• Provide customer feedback to the appropriate internal teams, like product developers;
• Collaborate on Group level for the definition of standards for well-defined basic ICT technology domains (network, telephony, workstations, end-point security, software distribution, …) in close collaboration with internal and external specialist;
• Ensure all basic ICT technology is respecting SLA’s defined (or non-defined);
• Install and manage a monitoring system for all business-critical ICT components in order to reduce time between incident occurrence and start of the incident solving process.
• You have a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or relevant field experience;
• You have 5 years plus experience of working as a System Engineer, ideally in a significantly sized organization supporting 200+ networked PC’s in an international environment;
• Experience with working in an international matrix organization with local and group reporting lines is a plus;
• You have hands on experience with help desk, remote control software and have a solid technical background;
• You are customer-service oriented with a problem-solving attitude and excellent written and verbal communications skills;
• You are able to work well under pressure at a high work rate and have the ability to determine correct workload priorities.
You will work for a stable and growing organization with international prestige.
You will get the opportunity to use your knowledge and talents to the fullest and will be part of a team that always wants to move forward and go the extra mile for their customers.
You will receive an attractive salary package complemented by a package of fringe benefits that will be personally measured based on your experience.
You get the opportunity to work in a hybrid working structure.